Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all had a great New Year’s Eve. Hubby and I stayed in, played video games, ate appetizers for dinner and drank Champagne. It was a wonderful night! And then we watched the fireworks over the Statue of Liberty, which looked awesome as you can see in the picture above. 🙂
As we start this new year I am, of course, thinking about what I want out of it. In life I just want to be healthy and happy. No specifics, just to be healthy and happy. And I know that’s not always easy, which is why this is a resolution and a hope in a way! In knitting I’m allowing myself to be a bit more specific! When it comes to 2011 I hope to:
1. Knit 11 socks in 2011. Yes, that’s 11 pairs of socks! And although It’s an ambitious goal, I really think I can do it! Plus, I want 2011 to be sock filled! 🙂
2. Knit lots of sweaters (again)! By lots I mean at least 4 and hopefully 6. And vests do count. Mostly because I will be working on one soon and I want it to count. So there.
3. Knit more colorwork – yes same as last year! But I really do hope to do this in 2011. And I still want to make these socks that I pointed out in last year’s resolution too… I guess we’ll just have to see about that.
4. Get the stash under control. I will once again be joining a Stash Down group in the hopes of truly stash downing! The thing I didn’t do last year (that I should have) was to actually write down what I expect out of doing this. My number one goal is to knit 2 yards for every 1 yard bought. And that’s at a minimum. I actually hope to knit a lot more than a 2:1 ratio, but this will be a good starting goal, I think. The second goal (and one I really hope to accomplish) will be to have my yarn fit in the big yarn cabinet, two baskets and one plastic bin. Right now I have all of those plus one more plastic bin and a bunch more skeins that are crammed into the closet and I would much rather them in a container instead. Do I think I can do this? Not 100% positive, but that’s my goal and I will hopefully stick to it!
5. Design more patterns! I have some ideas knocking around in my head and really hope to get them down on paper soon. This will be a big thing for me to do in 2011, I think.
And that’s about it. Not too much no? haha! I think all of these goals will be difficult to accomplish, but they will definitely be fun to do while trying! 😉
I’ve gotten started on the sweater knitting thing… the Effortless cardigan that I shared a picture with you on the last post is now finished and blocking. I hope it dries soon so I can take pictures to share with you all.
What are your goals for 2011? Whatever they are, here’s to a wonderful new year!